SABC & STEM Double Bridge to College Program
Summer Academic Bridge to College & STEM Double Bridge to College Program
Criteria and Requirements:
The goal of the Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Double Bridge to College program is to increase the number of students pursuing and receiving baccalaureate degrees in established or emerging fields within science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The STEM Double Bridge to College (SDBC) program will introduce incoming STEM majors to courses (algebra, trigonometry/pre-calculus, chemistry and biology) encountered during the first two years of college and introduce research. In all, the program will provide an intensive, four week, enrichment experience. Participants will network with students of the same interest and be exposed to a brief introduction of course content, by outstanding faculty, allowing them to gain some knowledge of what is required of them personally to achieve as a college student.
The aim is to: develop students’ study and time management skills, introduce the students to a network of faculty, staff and fellow students, provide students with tools needed to succeed and graduate in the STEM majors, and improve students’ research skills: bridge the gap between high school and college.
The STEM Double Bridge to College program will be held middle of June – middle July. A $1500 stipend will be awarded to each participant who has completed the 4 week program, ($1,200.00 for successful completion and an additional $300.00 will be awarded to participants who receive a “B” or better in courses.)
- A copy of your Admission Certificate to Langston University must be completed by the first week of the program.
- Participant must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Participant must have an ACT score of 21 or above or be designated as either a National Merit finalist or semifinalist or a National Achievement finalist or semifinalist.
- Participant must declare one of the STEM disciplines (chemistry, biology, mathematics, computer science or technology) as your major before leaving the program.
- Participant must enroll full time at Langston University (average is 16 hours) for the Fall Semester before leaving the program.
Each participant must complete the entire 4 week Bridge to College program.
Completed applications and questions about the program should be directed to:
Hamilton Hall Rm 313
Langston, Oklahoma 73050
Phone: (405) 466-3566
Fax: (405) 466-3638